To access the Dashboard, click on "Dashboard" from the left menu.
Dashboard shows you a general overview of your sites:
- An overview of the current vulnerabilities on your sites
- What kind of improvements are there to be made
- How many security tests have been passed and what needs to be looked over or fixed
- How many attacks on your sites have been blocked within a certain time period
- How many websites do you have on Patchstack, and how many of these are currently vulnerable
- How many components (themes or plugins) do you have in total currently installed on all of your sites; how many of them are vulnerable or outdated
In the Vulnerabilities section, you see an overview of all the current vulnerabilities related to your added sites. You can open and close each row by clicking on the small arrow in the top right corner.
Having opened a vulnerability row, you see the domain name, CVSS score, and the type of this vulnerability. We have also added a short description of each vulnerability.
Under the description, you see an overview of which version of this component is found vulnerable and in which version it was fixed. You can read more about each vulnerability when you click on the See details link.
In the Improvements section, you see different suggestions of what to improve on your sites and what to pay attention to. By default, we show 3 improvement suggestions, but you can expand the view by clicking the "+" icon on the top right corner.
Most of the suggestions are already or will be covered in Troubleshoot section of our documentation.
You can open or close each improvement suggestion by clicking the small arrow icon on the top right corner.
In the Security Tests section, you see an overview of which security tests have been passed by your sites. The number on the left shows the amount of added sites, which passed the test.
Patchstack does 7 security tests for each of your sites.
- Checks for missing security headers
- Checks whether your PHP version is hidden
- Checks for proper HTTPS redirection
- Checks for blacklist matches
- Checks if your domain has been mentioned in any hacking communities
- Checks the expiration date of your domain
- Checks the expiration date of your SSL certificate
So for example the current account has 10 sites added, and from the picture above we can infer that:
- 9 out of 10 sites passed the "No missing security headers" test which means that one site misses proper security headers.
- 10 out of 10 sites have hidden the PHP version
- 8 out of 10 sites redirect to HTTPS properly
- The domain name of one site is expiring soon
In the Threats Blocked section you can see a graph, which shows you how many attacks have been blocked by Patchstack across all your sites in total.
On the top right corner, you can choose the time period (today, last 7 days, or last 30 days).
On the left side, you see the number of attacks.
By moving the cursor across the graph, you can see the number of attacks by day.
In the Websites section you see a quick overview of how many sites you have added to Patchstack, and how many of them have vulnerable components. This section also shows if any of your sites are having any uptime issues.
You can add new websites(s) when you click the "+ Add" button. It will trigger a popup with steps to take to add more websites.
By clicking Overview on the right, you will be taken to the Sites page.
In the Components section, you can see how many components (plugins + themes) your sites have in total.
The next number shows how many of them have updates available.
The third number shows how many of these components are unsafe to use and have known vulnerabilities.
By clicking Overview on the right, you will be taken to the Components page.
Updated about 2 months ago